Faculty Login to update profile
022-2803-5200 (Ext. 6520)
Ph.D (Indian Institute of Technology Bombay)
Area & Groups
Analytics & Data Science
- Ph.D. (Operations Management & Decision Sciences), SJM School of Management, IIT Bombay, India
- Thesis Title: Modelling and Analysis of Integrated Forward-Reverse Supply Chain Systems (2010-2015)
- M.Sc. (Mathematics), Department of Mathematics, IIT Bombay, India (2006-2008)
- B.Sc. (Mathematics Hons), Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Calcutta University, India (2003-2006)
- Optimization Techniques
- Business Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Supply Chain Analytics
- System Dynamics Modelling
- Multi-Objective Optimization
- Decision Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- Debabrata Das, Priyanka Verma, Ajinkya Tanksale (2022). Designing a Closed-Loop Supply Chain for Reusable Packaging Materials: A Risk-averse two-stage Stochastic Programming Model using CVaR. Computers & Industrial Engineering. (Forthcoming)
- Ajinkya Tanksale, Debabrata Das, Priyanka Verma, Manoj K. Tiwari (2021). Unpacking the role of primary packaging material in designing green supply chains: An integrated approach. International Journal of Production Economics. (Forthcoming)
- Aditya Kumar Sahu, Ramakrushna Padhy, Debabrata Das, Amitosh Gautam (2021). Improving financial and environmental performance through MFCA: A SME case study. Journal of Cleaner Production. (Forthcoming)
- Disha Bhanot, Vinish Kathuria, Debabrata Das (2021). Can Institutional Innovations in Agri-marketing Channels alleviate Distress Selling? Evidence from India. World Development. (Forthcoming)
- Debabrata Das and Pankaj Dutta. (2019). Maximizing profit and responsiveness of a closed-loop supply chain in presence of product exchange offer. Journal of Statistics and Management Systems 22 (3), 495-534.
- Pankaj Dutta, Debabrata Das, Frank Schultmann and Magnus Fröhling. (2016). Design and Planning of a Closed-Loop Supply Chain with Three Way Recovery and Buy-Back Offer. Journal of Cleaner Production, 135, 604-619.
- Debabrata Das and Pankaj Dutta. (2016). Performance Analysis of a Closed-Loop Supply Chain with Incentive-dependent Demand and Return, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 86(1), 621-639.
- Debabrata Das and Pankaj Dutta. (2015). Design and Analysis of a Closed-Loop Supply Chain in presence of Promotional Offer, International Journal of Production Research, 53(1), 141-165.
- Sidhartha Padhi, Pan Grosse-Ruyken and Debabrata Das. (2015). Strategic Revenue Management under Uncertainty: A Case Study on Real Estate Projects in India. Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis, 22(3-4), 213-229.
- Debabrata Das and Pankaj Dutta. (2013). A System Dynamics Framework for Integrated Reverse Supply Chain with Three Way Recovery and Product Exchange Policy. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 66(4), 720-733.
- Debabrata Das, Sankhadip Kumar, and Amit Somwanshi. (2021). Industry 4.0 and SMEs: An Indian Perspective. In Industry 4.0 in SMEs Across the Globe. (pp. 165-176). CRC Press, Taylor & Francis.
- Kunal Ganguly and Debabrata Das. (2018). Modelling the Enablers of Supply Risk Management using Interpretive Structural Methodology. Research, Practices, and Innovations in Global Risk and Contingency Management. (pp. 286-304). IGI Global.
- Debabrata Das and Pankaj Dutta. (2013). Simulation Study of an Integrated Reverse Logistics in Fuzzy Environment. In IAENG Transactions on Engineering Technologies (pp. 151-165). Springer Netherlands.
- Received Award for Excellence in Thesis Work from IIT Bombay for the year 2014-2016 for outstanding research contributions.
- Received Certificate of Merit award for the research article "A System Dynamics Framework for an Integrated Forward-Reverse Supply Chain with Fuzzy Demand and Fuzzy Collection Rate under Possibility Constraints" in The 2012 IAENG International Conference on Operations Research, Hong Kong.
- Received grant of 600 EUR to attend The Pyrenees International Workshop and Summer School on Statistics, Probability and Operations Research, SPO 2011, 13-16 Sep 2011, Jaca, Spain.
- Received grant of 800 EUR to attend the International Summer School on Game Theory and Models of Voting, 8-15 Sep 2012, Campione da’Italia, Como, Italy.
- Received Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management Endowment Scholarship based on academic performance during course work of doctoral program.
- Received “Automation of Citi Brand MIS” award in 2009, CitiGroup Global Services Ltd.
- All India Rank 7 in Joint Admission to M.Sc(JAM), 2006 in Mathematics, conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- Awarded National Scholarship in 1999 by Directorate of School Education, Govt. of West Bengal.
Management Development Program
- Applications of AI/ML in Operations & Supply Chain Management (1 batch in 2020, 2 batches in 2021, 1 batch in 2022)
- AI/ML Driven Customer Relationship Management (1 batch in 2021)
- Forecasting for Business Excellence (1 batch in 2022)
- Business Decision Making During Covid-19 (2019) (as resource faculty)
- Supply Chain Analytics (1 batch, 2016)
Unit Based Program
- Supply Chain Management (Coromandel International Limited, 2022)
- Axlerate 2.0 - Basic & Intermediate module (Mahindra Logistics Limited, Feb 2022 onwards)
- Sourcing & Procurement Management (ITC Hotel Division, 2019)
- Inventory Management (Sterlite Technologies Silvassa, 2019) (as resource faculty)
- Quantitative Models for Decision Making under “General Management Module for IOFS” (National Academy of Defence Production, Nagpur, 2017)
- Faculty Coordinator of Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics by Prof. David Simchi-Levi and Prof. Manoj K Tiwari (Jan 2022 - March 2022)
- Faculty Coordinator of Global Online Certification Course on End to End Supply Chain Transformation through Digitization by Prof. David Simchi-Levi and Prof. Manoj K Tiwari (Oct 2021 - Dec 2021)
- Faculty Coordinator of Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Operations and Disruptions Management: A Way Forward by Prof. Tadeusz Sawik and Prof. Manoj K Tiwari (Aug 2021 - Oct 2021)
- Faculty Coordinator of Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics by Prof. David Simchi-Levi and Prof. Manoj K Tiwari (June 2021 - Sep 2021)
- Faculty Coordinator of Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Digitization and Management by Prof. David Simchi-Levi and Prof. Manoj K Tiwari (Dec 2020 - March 2021)
- Member, Data Science Lab (2021-present)
- Member, School of Logistics and Supply Chain (2020-present)
- Member, Students Development (2020-present)
- Member, Communication Lab (2020-present)
- Member, Executive MBA (2020-present)
- Core Committee Member, PGDAOM (2021-present)
- Member, Online Examination (2020-present)
- Member, Centre for Supply Chain Management (2019)
- Member, Organizing Committee, IAMOT conference (2019)
- Member, Convocation Committee (2018, 2019, 2021)
- Member, NBA Accreditation, 2019.