NITIE Center for Student Enterprises ( N Cse) is a center by NITIE and funded by Dept. of Science and Technology GOI . Prime purpose in promoting this center is to develop entrepreneurship among the students of Higher Learning Institutions in the country like NITIE and IIMs who are more suitable to take up the challenge of Entrepreneurship.
The specialty of the Center is that it adopted the Gandhian philosophy that medium of instruction in Business Education should be ‘Practice’ ( ‘Learning by Doing’) . End result of learning process at the center is to create – People with Courage, Conviction, Comprehensiveness, Commitment to assume the business responsibility independently.
Mr. Paresh Masade, NITIE PGDIE Student & Founder, Coherendtz.Com sharing his entrepreneurship experiences at K.J. Somaiya Engineering College as part of EAC program.
NSTEDB, Department of Science and Technology GOI, is all geared up for developing entrepreneurship among the emerging youth of India; with a determination to bring in close the youth of the country and developmental initiatives that are happening in India.
Towards this, NITIE Mumbai, a national institute, with an intention to supplement the efforts of DST has established “ NITIE Center for Student Enterprises (NCSE) “ to work in this direction. NCSE is the first of its kind of attempt to integrate enterprising with regular academic process leading to entrepreneurship development among the youth.
NCSE takes pride in INVITING nominations for National Entrepreneurship
Education Awards 2009 (NEEA Awards ).
*NITIE Center for Student Enterprises (NCSE)*, Mumbai, is an
Entrepreneurship Development Center launched in the year 2007 with full
funding of by DST, NSTEDB, Government of India. NCSE has initiated a unique
pedagogy called ' *Student Enterprising and Student Enterprises* for
achieving learning effectiveness in academics. NCSE has adopted the *Gandhian
Basic Education philosophy 'Nai-Taleem ' *where medium of instruction is *
‘Practice’* ( ‘Learning by Doing’) .
Student Enterprising converts the *Job seekers in to Job givers. *
NEE Awards are conceptualized by NCSE for creating a significant force on
three important actors of the Indian Educational system viz., the students,
the faculty and the academic institutions, and to propel them to work in
tandem for creating a *Enterprising Education Culture* leading to harnessing
the creativity and potential of the youth in the country.
NCSE has conceived the various programs so as to operationalise its
- *Mandi @ NITIE: A field Sales Experience *
- *Hamara Dhandha: Student Enterprise Pedagogy*
- *National Entrepreneurship Education Awards 2009*
- *Student Enterprise Awareness Camps *
- * Resurgent India through Innovative Education **: A Lecture series on
- *Faculty Development Workshops on ' Student Enterprising ' *
- *NITIE Student Dabbawallas*
- *Shanthi Mandi*
• Emergence of every student in India to be an Enterprising person
• Creation of intellectual, informational, institutional infrastructure to nurture student enterprising in the country
• To serve as a national center for research, education, training and extension of student enterprising
• Intellectual: To develop an understanding of the concept of Student Enterprising among the academic faculty, students, administrators and policy makers
• Informational : Developing appropriate literature on student enterprising by creation, collection and dissemination of literature on entrepreneurship education both at national and international levels
• Infrastructural : Developing appropriate organizational apparatus and forums for introduction, implementation, furtherance and spread of student enterprising
• Creating an effective pedagogy to introduce student enterprising from Post Graduation to Kinder Garden levels
• Contribute to massive growth in number of startups by students and
• Reduction in ‘Time To Become Entrepreneur’ (TTBE) for potential entrepreneurs
• Developing number of case studies related to student enterprising
• A Journal dedicated for the cause of Student Enterprise and Education
• Creation of National body “ National Student Enterprises Board ( NSEB) for promotion of student enterprising