This year, NITIE campus witnessed a wide assortment of best-known names from both the Indian as well as the international business circles, giving its students a good number of choices in securing their summer jobs.
This year saw the initiation of the 'Basket' system of placements as compared to the 'Slot' system, in order to give the budding managers a greater choice in receiving this crucial industrial exposure in the companies and areas of their interest. Starting in the first week of September 2006, the process progressed smoothly towards completion with the entire batch getting placed in a short span of time.
Some of our summer recruiters
|Aditya Birla Group||ITC|
|Asian Paints||Jet Airways|
|Ashok Leyland||Lupin Laboratories|
|e-Serve International||Procter & Gamble|
|Coca Cola||Patni Computer|
|Colgate Palmolive||Reckitt Benckiser|
|Ernst & Young||Sierra Atlantic|
|Electrolux Kelvinator||Tata Motors|
|Godrej Sara Lee||Tata Consultancy Services|
|Godrej Infotech||Times of India|
|HCL Technologies||TVS Motors|
|Hindustan Lever||UTI Bank|
|ICICI Bank||Wipro e-Peripherals|
|ICICI One Source||Wipro Technologies|
Given below is the distribution of summer placements for the PGDIM class of 2006 across various industrial sectors.
Summer Internship commences Second week of April
Duration of Internship 2 Months
Monthly stipend (Rs.7000 per month and above), To and Fro rail/air reimbursement, Incidental Expenses
To be communicated to the Placement Office and the concerned student at least three weeks prior to the project commencement date.
A company can give a Pre Placement Offer (PPO) to a deserving student undergoing Summer Internship with the organization. A formal letter from the Company, giving job details, salary, etc, should confirm the same to the placement office.
Marketing, Finance, SCM, Operations, IT, HR, General Management
Prof. Ashok K Pundir,
Associate Dean (Placement),
Mumbai - 400087
Phone No: +91-22-28574836
* The placement office contacts the companies for the summer internship.
* Interested companies send in their requirements, with the project details, to the placement cell.
* The placement office sends in the students’ resumes (Company/Institute format) to the Companies.
* The Companies send in the short list of students to the placement office.
* A mutually convenient date is affixed for conducting the selection process. If the companies desire a SPT (Summer Placement Talk), the same is arranged prior to the recruitment process.
* The interested companies conduct the summer internship recruitment process at NITIE campus. Selection is typically based on group discussions and/or personal interviews on campus. After the selection process, companies announce the list of selected candidates on the campus itself.
* Companies, unable to visit the campus, select the students on the basis of student resumes only and/or telephonic interviews.
It is important to note that students apply to several companies and once a student has accepted an offer he/she cannot accept any subsequent offers. Companies are requested to provide a waiting list of students, whom the companies shall consider for summer internship, in case students from the original list have already accepted other offers.
The summer intern works under the counsel of a company executive (company project guide) who supervises and evaluates the performance of the student during his/her Summer Internship and sends feedback on the same to the institute, in the evaluation sheet provided by the placement office.
The summer intern submits the summer report to the institute academic office. The student is evaluated by a panel of faculty members including the faculty guide based on the feedback from the Company Project Guide, the project report submitted and the project presentation.
The summer project is equivalent to 16 credits.